Tuesday, June 22, 2010 – Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Leaving today for Germany and Switzerland. Taking Aaron Tippin to Untermeitingen, Germany then we will drive to Interlaken, Switzerland on Friday where I will meet up with mom and The Bellamy’s and Bomshel.
I am on Delta while Aaron and the gang are on USAir. Flight over was pretty uneventful and landed on time. Got my luggage and waited for our promoter, Bill to meet me then we will meet Aaron when they arrive. Aaron was suppose to land at 8:50, an hour after me, but noticed on the screen he was going to be about an hour delayed. Kept looking for Bill and finally had to call him since it was getting close for Aaron to arrive. Talking to Bill and realized that I had landed in Terminal 1 while he was in Terminal 2 where most international flights come in.. most.. not mine of course. Found Bill in time to meet up with Aaron.
Drive to the hotel was about an hour. Got the gear dropped off at the club and then checked into the hotel. Four Corners club is about a block from the hotel so we walked over at 5 to have dinner and do a soundcheck. The band decided to do soundcheck today so we could have most of the day tomorrow to sightsee before going over for the show.  Had a few kinks to work out on sound but other than that everything and everybody was good. Enjoyed some good food and drinks at Bill’s club for awhile.. that is all I am going to write about that…. not going to incriminate myself.. will just say my birthday celebration started early 🙂

Thursday, June 24, 2010… Happy Birthday to me!
oke up in time to get downstairs and head out to do some sightseeing in Landsburg. It is a very old town here in Germany. We walked to the entrance of “old town” and took the tour all the way up to the top of the “gate” nice winding staircases all the way up and all the way back down! The view was beautiful though. Bill showed us some of the old churches. Just amazing! Had lunch at a little restaurant there in town. Hot dogs and sauerkraut.. oh and some pistachio gelato.. yummy! Rode the train back to the hotel around 2 and then came upstairs to take a shower and do some work. However.. work got put on hold b/c I got locked in my bathroom for about 45 minutes!!! The lock got stuck and it took me that long to slowly work it loose! Only me, right? While being stuck in the bathroom mom calls and we have a major problem with booking flights for our upcoming Sweden festival. Ran back over to the club for dinner and now back trying to get that straightened out!
Aaron had a great show. The crowd loved him! I went back over to the venue about an hour before Aaron was to take the stage and when I got there, Bill led me backstage where Aaron and the band were and they sang Happy Birthday to me and Bill had a cake! It was delicious!!! Such great guys. After the show Aaron signed autographs for everyone. The band had the autograph line down pat! Dave and Van helped open the cd’s to get ready to sign while Ben did the photography. 🙂 Ricky and Larry were in the crowd selling the cd’s and photos. Stayed after for a little while and now back to the hotel to pack and maybe catch 2 hours of sleep before getting up at 5 for the drive to Switzerland. I am sure I will hit the ground running there. I heart Germany!